Sunday, October 16, 2011

Allergy

This next week is going to be busy. I have lots and lots homework to do and exams and projects. I also have lots of other things to do! So before the madness begins, I'm going to pump out a few blog posts that will publish from a schedule time thinger majigger:)

So remember awhile ago when I had those really awful stomach issues? So I figured out what it was, kind of. Apparently I'm allergic to whole wheat. Not all wheat, just whole wheat. I can eat white bread but not wheat bread and sometimes I mess up and eat something whole wheat-ish and a lot of times I get sick, but sometimes I don't... it's messed up, but I try to avoid whole wheat non-the-less.

So that means I have to be creative sometimes when it comes to eating. Like tonight, we had brats. So everyone else got to put their brat on bread and I ate this...
It's brat, wrapped up in lettuce leafs. I know it sounds kind of odd but back in my South Korea days they had this thing called Korean BBQ, and it was meat, wrapped up in lettuce leafs and it was really good! So now that I have this funky allergy that came up out of the blue, I get to eat things like this... it's not so bad though :) And, interesting fact that I learned in my nutrition class, meat should always be eaten with leafy green veggies and should never be eaten with starch... so I guess I'm ahead of the pack though not exactly by choice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!