Friday, October 7, 2011

Sales, School, and... Chaos!!!

Life has been a chaotic mess lately. Josh lost his job which resulted in packing up and moving everything out of the apartment and having an apartment sale in a matter of 4 -5 days. Yeah... it wasn't so fun. We found out on that Thursday what was happening and by Tuesday of the next week we had most of our stuff out of the apartment and the place set up for a sale.

This is actually a picture on the second day of the sale, there is a lot missing that went the first day!

The apartment sale actually went pretty well. On the first day I only had to bring Eli in with me and he did surprisingly well. He slept for his two naps (in the closet) (and yes, he still takes two naps!) and played outside or was in our arms the rest of the time. On the second day I had to bring both boys with me because I had an appointment that I couldn't miss in Duluth for which I had to bring Gabriel with me, and I had no one to watch Eli, so they hung out with us while we had our sale. Josh had a dentist appointment that day so that left me with the two kids all by myself for 2-3 hours which was a challenge. They kept trying to take stickers off of everything, play with everything and escape out the door while I was trying to check out customers. Poor kids! There is not much to do at a rummage sale when you are just a little squirt! But, teddy grahams and a laptop with Toy Story saved the day...

...and my sanity... :)

After the sale all I wanted to do was spend time with my kids. I felt like I hadn't seen, especially Gabriel because I ended up taking Eli with me a lot of the times, in days. I even cried one night because I missed him so much! And then I cried even more when I heard that he was really missing me! It was hard. I didn't really see much of him at all from Thursday night to Wednesday :( And I didn't really get to spend as much time with them as I wanted too in the days that followed the sale. The day after the sale I had yet another appointment and spent the next few days just trying to organize the chaos of boxes and beds and just *fluff.

*I call stuff 'fluff' when there doesn't seem to be one specific purpose for something, it's just stuff that fills up your life and sometimes you really just don't need to have it. It's stuff that fluffs up your life... get it? I know, I make up things all the time, I'm ok with that :)

On Monday school started for me and it's just been crazy. Mostly it was crazy just trying to sort through the online classes and figuring out how everything worked. It was also crazy because the online courses weren't working properly. And it was even more crazy because I was trying to juggle a full time school load with two children whom haven't really seen me for over a week and were hanging all over me. But, I'm getting used to it and I'm sure soon it will feel like a new normal for me. Or so I hope. I have been out of school for 5 years so it's a little awkward getting back into this whole thing again.

On a side note. I found the time to bake a cake this weekend. Not a fancy cake, mind you, I didn't have the energy for that! Just a normal cake. What can I say? Gabriel wanted me to bake something and it required a box of cake mix, 3 minutes to whip it up and 30 minutes to bake it. And my result? One child whom absolutely loves cake and one child whom...


... didn't find it that fantastic and played with the cake and rubbed it all over his body and face! LOL! Oh it was quite a sight! Such a cheeky little man! Love it!

As of 30 minutes ago I have all of my homework done for the week so I can take the weekend off!!! Or start preparing for next week to get ahead... you know, if I'm ambitious... but most likely, I will just spend the time loving on my babies. I think they, and I, are definitely in the need of that!

Oh, and I'm going to try to finish Eli's quilt. It was my goal to finish it before school but because of how that week before school turned out, I wasn't able to even touch it! I'm so very close to being done with it so hopefully I will be able to finish it sometime this weekend! I can't wait to show you a picture of it!

1 comment:

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!