Thursday, August 18, 2011

sleep...


As I have told some friends lately, I feel like I don’t have any time and I am extremely busy. But the truth is, I’m not that busy. I just don’t have much alone time.

Lately, for about the past 3-4 weeks, Gabriel needs someone to lay with him during naptime or he will not fall asleep. It’s very frustrating. My boys take a nap at the same time in the afternoon and it used to be a time where I had about two hours to myself. Then I could get the laundry folded, some cleaning done, some blogging done, emails replied too, any reading that I could fit in, phone calls made ect. Now, my ‘me’ time is spent lying next to and fighting with my almost three-year-old son to just fall asleep. So now, the only ‘me’ time I have is the 1-2 hours that I somewhat, but not really, have to myself to get things done after they go to bed.

I do love, however, the moments when Gabriel gives in and goes to sleep. Not because the fight is over (well, I love that bit about it too) but because for a few minutes I get to look at the normally bouncing off the walls toddler lying perfectly still in his sweet slumber. His cheeks get extra chubby as they are so relaxed and they kind of migrate towards his lips so he almost has this kissy lips look while he sleeps, then his legs twitch a little every few minutes, and he’s just so sweet! I love it! So even though sometimes, I really don’t want to go spend two hours laying with my son in the afternoon trying to get him to go to sleep because I have 300 other things to do or I really just need a break, those moments where I get to watch him sleep are just so precious they make it worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!