Wednesday, March 11, 2015

his family...

I've heard that the adoption process is one of deep refining. That God will forever change you. Excited and scared, I embraced this thought, expecting it to be hard, to be changing. What I did not expect, is that the refining process starts immediately.

Right now, I hear all those who have adopted before, laughing. And that's ok ;) I think they are laughing because it's true, laughing because they might be thinking 'oh you have NO idea!' or laughing from joy... either way, I'm ok with that.

For me, from the moment we decided that this WAS happening, which really, was not that long ago, I started to see some things in a new light, and God slowly scratching a few surfaces of my heart. I'm excited, and again, scared, to see all that God has in store for us over this journey.

This story touched my heart deeply. It says so much, and when the father said 'Hi Jacob, I'm your Daddy' I couldn't help but think that this is how God reacts when we fall before him, in repentance, and accept the gift that he has offered us, to be adopted into HIS family!



Can you imagine, coming before God, broken, with nothing to give but ourselves. And God gathers us in his arms, knowing we are helpless, that we are weak, and with tears in his eyes says, 'Hi Kayla, I'm your Daddy.' and forever adopts you into HIS family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!