Saturday, September 10, 2011

busy bee

I've been busy lately. Not that I have been out and about running around doing all sorts of fun and busy things, on the contrary. I have been home, sitting, a lot. But, I've still been busy. With what may you ask? Well, this could give you some idea...

I have been working on a quilt for Eli since before he was born. It's a larger quilt (well, large enough!) and has tons and tons of patches on it. Each patch I have to sew on by hand and they take a long time. A very very long time. And if I would have been focused and didn't get distracted or bored after stitching patch after patch onto his quilt I would have finished sometime in the six months after he was born. But I wasn't focused, I got distracted, and though I love working on the quilt, eventually I would get bored with it and move onto something else until I was in the mood to work on it again.

So, what's the rush now to finish it? Part of it is that Eli doesn't have (his own) a warm blanket for the winter and since we have had some pretty cold nights lately I realized that this quilt should really get finished. But the other huge motivating part of this is that I start school for massage therapy in less then a month and once that starts all of my free time will be doing homework or going to/reading (online) classes and I will have no time to work on Eli's quilt once school starts.

So, I have been sitting, a lot, putting stitch after stitch, patch after patch, needle after needle, hour after hour, into Eli's quilt. The boys are very excited for the quilt to be done, and so am I :) Don't get me wrong, it's actually therapeutic to work on the quilt, and I do enjoy it, but I feel rushed, and I feel slightly guilty it's taken me so long, and I want to enjoy a little bit more of my free time doing something else besides quilts before school starts... ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!