Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11

Yesterday was 9/11 and I thought it was an interesting day, for me at least.

As 9/11 approached there was a lot of things that went through my mind. Mainly, I thought about the people whom had lost loved ones and what they were going through. I thought a lot about the kids that didn't have their Mom's or Dad's anymore. And I thought about what people had gone through that day.

9/11 didn't effect me that directly though, I didn't know anyone that perished. I didn't even know anyone that knew anyone that perished. But yesterday, when I was watching some of the memorial shows they had on TV I teared up, a lot. I'm even tearing up as I write this and I can't say I completely know why. When I watched the shows yesterday, all the emotions and worries that I had ten years ago all flooded back and I remembered waking up to do school (I was home schooled) and I turned on the TV. I was the only one awake, my mother was sleeping and my sister had gone off to school for the day. I saw the scenes in New York and I was scared. I went and woke up my Mom to tell her what happened and for the rest of the day we watched the television. And for many days after. I didn't know anyone that died that day, but I still cried for those that were lost. It was such a tragic day.

I laid in bed last night thinking about everything that has happened on 9/11 and after and I always came back to the kids. The children whom live without Mom or Dad... or both... all I could do was pray for them as I tried to fall asleep.

I didn't plan on getting all emotional on 9/11, but I did. Because I remembered. And as the famous quote after 9/11 came to be 'We will always remember, We will never forget.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!