Saturday, October 19, 2013

39 Weeks


Due in 6 days!!!!

Cravings: Bananas 

Symptoms: Lots and lots of contractions... INTENSE contractions! I only timed them once, for three hours they were 10 minutes apart. Then I went to bed, and then woke up in the middle of the night for two more hours of just crampy-ness. It wasn't really contractions, just I felt like I was having a horrible period for two straight hours. 

Complaints: Is this baby ever going to come? ;) My SI joint also has been locking up on the left side HORRIBLY since yesterday afternoon, OW!!!! I couldn't hardly walk a good hour yesterday it was locked up so badly. I had to use heat and sitting on my birthing ball to try to get it to release, which worked well enough I guess. 

Weight gain: Same as last week, about 5lbs. How? I'm not quite sure! Well, I have a pretty good idea behind it, but you don't want me to go into my life long story of trying to figure out why I couldn't loose weight and always being bigger, to finally figuring it out at the beginning of pregnancy, and it being a rather odd reason, ect ect. And, by just avoiding a couple of things, my body doesn't want to gain any pregnancy weight... even though I kinda eat like crap at this point ;)

Movement: Of course, but only a fraction  of what it used to be. He has calmed down a lot, and when he does move it's more felt down yonder, where it is far more uncomfortable. 

Doctor appointment results: Baby is doing good, cervix is a bit more dilated, though not a lot, like between a 1-2cm (usually I don't have them check me, but I've been doing some research on how to check how far dilated you are, without doing the internal exam, so I want to see how accurate I am... and thus far, I've been pretty on!) and thinning. 

Mood:  Impatient. Is the baby here yet? 

Planning: To go into labor today. And if that doesn't happen, to go into labor tomorrow. And we'll just keep sticking to that plan every day until he gets here :) I tried acupressure points twice. Once I knew it wasn't going to put me into labor, maybe just give me contractions, and it did, lots of them. And then I tried it again this morning, which I have had more contractions today then normal and they are pretty intense, but two things: one, it can take 24 hours to work fully and two, it's not going to fully work unless your body is ready and 'ripe'. And although I want my body to be ready and ripe, I'm not so sure that it is... so if it doesn't work today, I wouldn't be surprised... but I want it too! Any contraction is good though, right? I mean, they all work towards the end goal :) 

Dreams: Dreams about labor... and there was a really funny one the other night that had nothing to do with labor, but I can't remember what it was. 

Baby Size: About the size of a watermelon or pumpkin.  

Other events of the week: Waiting for baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!