Friday, October 4, 2013

37 Weeks


Cravings: Snickers Blizzards from the DQ :)

Symptoms: Sore pubic bone. Baby feels like he is sitting right on it. Also forgetful and tired all the time. Nesting is kicking in more, which is nice :)

Complaints: Umm.. pregnancy sucks. Yep, that's about it. Yep, I'm ready to be done!!!!

Weight gain: I think it's around 5lbs. 

Movement: Yes. Pretty sure he thinks the exit is through my sides, because I swear he is trying to kick his way out through the sides of my stomach. Ouch! 

Doctor appointment results: Baby is doing well. I am at about 1cm and very soft. Babies head is around -3cm, which is right where he should be. 

Mood:  Ready to be done :) 

Planning: Trying not to have a plan :) I know everyone plans how they want their birth to go... and I did that with my other two, and to a point, you can't help getting some things planned out... But I'm trying not to have a plan. Birth is unpredictable, and I don't want to get myself set on doing something a certain way and then end up disappointed in myself or the situation because it didn't go the way I wanted. The only goal I have is to not have a c-section (which I still made peace with for the most part, even though I REALLY don't want it), beyond that, I'm just going to listen to my body and do what I feel like I need to do. I'm trying to throw all expectations from myself and from other people, out the window, and just do whatever it is I need to do in that moment. 

Also, just trying to get things together before baby boy gets here. I am rather behind this pregnancy... heck, I haven't even gone to the hospital to check out the birthing rooms yet and where to go! We really need to do that... *sigh

Advice: Tell people to stop talking. No, seriously, that was the advice I got :) See, the more people ask me questions about birth and what I 'plan' and what I'm going to do/say/react... it STRESSES ME OUT! Not that I don't mind people asking, but when you have gone through all the crap I have with doctors, and the births that I've had, and knowing fully well that 99% of the people on shift when I attempt my VBAC are not exactly going to be supportive of it, the last thing you want to do (or at least I want to do) is think about all the things that could go wrong, or how I could be treated, or things they will try and force on me because it's 'proticol' ect. I know I'm going to have to deal with crap while I'm in labor, and stressing about it isn't going to change that... so I just prefer not to think about it because it's not going to do me or baby any good. So I'm staying in my 'bubble' and avoiding conversations about birth :) It's not that I want to be 'unprepared', but if I start thinking about all the 'what ifs' and 'probably's', then I will fixate on them, and it will be all I can think about, and I will be convinced that it's going to go horrible, and then when I go into labor, that will be all I can think about, rather then having a healthy happy baby. 

Dreams: Lots of dreams about labor lately. I've had one where the hospital had a room that was set up for all the mom's in labor who were 0-5cm along. And in that room there were different stations of things to help you get along. There was a musical station, with a piano, and a treadmill part, and lots of other odd things, that were supposed to help you get through labor. So this room was full of laboring mom's in hospital gowns, trying to make it to 5cm. Because after you reached 5cm, then you would be brought to another room for mom's who were 5-7cm, where they would have other things to help you through the more difficult part of labor or you could finally get your epidural. When you were finally at 7cm, then they would bring you to your own private room for transition and birth. Odd, I know. But I have lots of dreams like that :) 

Baby Size: About the size of a wintermelon.  

Cute Stuff: Gabriel is very impatient for baby to come. He also has been more cuddly lately, which is nice and I soak it up every chance I get. Eli doesn't seem to get it at all, but that's alright :) 

Other events of the week: Nothing much. Just making it to all my appointments. I fell on Tuesday a little, pulled a muscle in my stomach and smashed my arm on the wooden railing in our hallway. I'm doing better then expected from it, but it made me more sore then before, so that's not super fun, but I'm thankful that I'm not paying worse for it :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!