Friday, December 23, 2011

little family christmas

Today I celebrated Christmas with my boys! I had to do it a little early because the next two mornings I work in the AM and on Christmas day the house is going to be full with family members from afar... ok, just the Brainerd area... so not too far but you know what I mean :)

So last night I gave my boys their Christmas PJ's and we put out cookies and milk for Santa! By morning the boys totally forgot about the whole thing so I actually had a moment to wake up this morning before we dug into presents :)

The boys got up pretty early (6:30AM) so it was dark outside so you'll have to excuse the dark pictures...




 They loved all of their gifts!
I tried to get a picture of my boys in the Christmas PJ's...



 Then this is where I found Gabriel most of the morning...
 Being ever so naughty taking pine needles off the tree...

Then I made breakfast for us. Carmel rolls and scrambled eggs... YUM!!!

The boys spent the rest of the morning playing with their new toys and fighting with their new swords! Uncle Christopher helped them with the toy tool set cause, ahem, I have no idea what goes with what and what not. And since the toy set resembled real life tools, well, I was kinda lost and Gabriel kept asking me how things worked and soon my brother came to my rescue after the umpteenth 'I don't know how it works' from me :)

We ended up going to town to an appointment but afterwards I took my mom (whom is also having a birthday today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!) and the boys out to lunch at my work, The Lazy Moose... not that I love work so much or anything that I want to go in on my day off... but have you been to Moose Lake? There is only one nice restaurant in town to go to and I happen to work at it :) I don't mind though!

We got home, I put the boys to bed and ate some pie and then started on supper. I made green bean casserole, creamy sweet potatoes, and herb roasted chicken! YUM!

By the way, I discovered today that it takes a heck of a lot of work to get the giblets out of a chicken if your chicken is not de-thawed completely. Seriously, a very. long. time. I had my hand up a chickens bottom for far too long of a time today...

Ahem.

After supper we made a gingerbread house! Gabriel was so excited and even more so when he discovered things were edible. After discovering things were edible there was less decorating that went on and more eating because according to Gabriel 'I'm hungry and I need more sugar!' lol!


 Did I mention there were some sour candies?




Our final project!

It was such a fun day! 

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!