Saturday, April 11, 2015

life

I love to write. I don't get to write as often as I like, and sometimes I feel like I'm not very good at it, but I still like it. I used to blog all the time when I lived overseas, and for awhile when we came home I tried to keep it up, but life happened and this was one of those things that got pushed to the back burner. It wasn't that I never thought of it, or didn't have things that I wanted to write about, but it just never happened... life happened instead.

So here I am... filled with words and emotions, thoughts and ideas, unexpressed for years. I had the opportunity to write this last fall for a friend of mine, and I was excited to start this new journey of story writing. I dug in deep, and tried to experience things the most I could so when I wrote it would come out right. When this opportunity fell through, and not for any bad reason, it was just the way things probably should have been from the beginning, I was left with a bucket load of emotions that had no where to go. Normally they would have been poured into writing, but now, I almost felt like I was choking on them because there was so much there, I had no idea what to do with them.

Now again, I truly believe that this happened for a reason, and it wasn't a bad thing in the end when I look at the big picture. I think going through it, re-lit the fire that had been squelched from the busyness of life, or from the splashed of doubt that came in. I wanted to write. I love writing. I dream of writing. I love imagining, creating, expressing, and painting the world with words and ideas for others to see.

I pray that the 'busy' in life slows down. That stepping back and enjoying the here and the now will be easier. I pray that as our shaken snow globe of a life swirls and whirls around us, we can see the beauty and magic in it from the hand of our creator, and we can appreciate where he ordains the things in our life to land, even if it's not where we wanted it to be. May we forever be in awe of the beauty of his picture, and the stroke of his brush, as he paints this story called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!