Saturday, September 21, 2013

35 Weeks!!!!!


Cravings: Chocolate :) Also, not a craving, but greasy food sounds like about the nastiest thing in the world lately. Seriously, if it's got grease, I probably am not going to eat it. The only thing that sounds good is fruit, veggies, salads, or things along those lines. Even carbs, like breads, or dairies, they just don't sound very good to me! 

Symptoms: Forgetfulness, Braxton Hicks contractions, sore belly, sore back, and my pubic symphysis keeps slipping :(

Ok, so I have had a lot of people ask me what PSD (Pubic Symphysis Disorder) is, so I'll just explain it a little. Your pubic bone in the front is not one solid bone. It's actually two separate bones connected by a bone-like cartilage in the middle. When one is pregnant, a hormone called Relaxin is released and it makes things nice and loose in your hips so that everything can open up and baby can get through. This is why we waddle, FYI :) Some women, their cartilage that holds the pubic bone in place, well it get too loose, causing your pubic bone to slip out of place. This can happen if you separate your legs too much, put all your weight on one leg, move wrong, stand wrong, or sit wrong... pretty much lots of things can make it slip. When it slips, some women experience stabbing pain right in their pubic bone region, other women, such as myself, get shooting pain from their pubic bone down into their legs, and it doesn't go away until the pubic bone slips back into place. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done for it. The only thing to do is to try to stay more active/exercise before you start experiencing symptoms, which speaking from experience this actually does help a lot! When I was pregnant with Eli, I was experiencing PSD from around 28 weeks or so, and this time I was able to make it to about 33 weeks before the PSD started, and it's not as bad, thus far, this time around. So if you are ever around me, and my knees buckle a bit, and I yelp a little 'OW!!!!', I'm not in labor (more then likely), my PSD has likely slipped and I'm trying not to fall to my knees in pain :) 

Complaints: PSD, having to go potty all the time, and my SI joint (lower back) is still not a happy camper :( 

Weight gain: 2lbs. This is likely to climb rapidly as it usually does in the end of my pregnancies. 

Movement: Yes. He's head down, and I can always tell where his big bum is because it sticks out and then his feet kick my other side :) 

Doctor appointment results: Everything looks good with the baby. I have been having a really hard time breathing lately. I have asthma, but it hardly ever flares up, like I only have to use my inhaler like 2-3 times a year. Well lately, I've been using it daily, multiple times a day, and it doesn't work. It still feels like something is sitting on my chest, and I can't walk up the stairs or go for a walk, or even talk normally. I thought the baby was up in my lungs, as did a lot of other people, but even looking at my stomach, you can tell that baby is not high enough to be causing this much of an issue. So I finally called the doctor and they had me come in that day. At first, everything looked fine, until they had me blow into this little gage to determine how much air my lungs were able to hold. A person of my size should be able to hit 450 minimum on the gage, and I got up to 330 on my best try. So, they discovered that my lungs had to be pretty inflamed for me to be that bad. And, of course, we're not sure why they are so inflamed, they said that I could either be coming down with a virus, or more then likely I am allergic to something that I have been exposed to recently. So I was given a new med, but unfortunately, it won't take full effect for about 3 days... so in the mean time I'm still stuck with my old inhaler, and having issues breathing. As long as I take it easy though, it hopefully shouldn't be too bad. 

Mood:  Pretty good. I'm tired and my house isn't clean enough, and I don't feel good enough to clean it, so it's frustrating me :) 

Planning: Trying to get my house situated, getting a playlist together for birth, teaching my husband some massage tricks to help me through labor, things like that :) Also trying to get all my appointments in order, lol! That's a job in itself! I am now going to start going to the doctor every week, my chiropractor every week, and physical therapy twice a week, not to mention I would really like to start getting a massage every week because I know how beneficial that can be :) Oh, and then there's Mom Group that started, and regular life to try to plan around :) 

Advice: Hmm... nothing that I can remember... except to take it easy :) 

Dreams: Nothing I can remember...  

Baby Size: About the size of a coconut :)  

Cute Stuff: This morning Gabriel was singing to the baby because Josh asked him if he wanted too. Se he gets really close to my belly, then belts out 'every party has a pooper, and it's baby! hahahahaha!' Little stinker :) Also, Gabriel is quite impatient for the little guy to come out... and so am I! I've had enough of being sore, or having my PSD problems, and I'm ready for him to get here! After my house gets clean, that is ;) 

Other events of the week: We had Gabriel's big birthday party! It was lots of fun! We went to The Edge Waterpark in Duluth, and then out to our house for dinner, cake, and presents :) His cousins, Brendyn and Tyvan, also got to spend the night at our house, and all the boys slept on the living room floor, ate popcorn, and watched a movie. They thought it was pretty awesome :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a note to say 'Hello' or whatever else you want to say! Love hearing from you!!!